My friend, "Sulfa", has posted some interview questions on her blog that she's challenged her readers to answer, so here goes nothing.
1. Are you an organ donor? Why or why not?
I am not. I don't have a good reason as to why I'm not; I'm just not. Brad and I have never discussed it. I'm sure that now that we have a baby on the way, our priorities are going to shift, and this discussion may have to be approached sometime in the near future.
2. What's your favorite can't-live-without makeup item?
Without a doubt, it is eyeliner. Without it, I think I look tired.
3. Do you consider yourself religious, spiritual, or neither? Elaborate if you care to.
I am a Christian. My faith is a very personal thing, and I am private about it, although I am happy to talk about it with anyone who wants to. :)
4. How much would "they" have to pay you to break the pinky on your non-dominant hand?
You know, my first instinct is to say some huge and ridiculous number, like $1,000,000, but the more I think about it, the more I feel like I would do it for maybe $5,000 or $10,000. Enough to pay off a substantial bill.
So, there you go. There are my answers to Sulfa's "must know" questions. If you get a chance, check out her blog. In her own words, her blog is about "catharsis, humor, advocacy, sisterhood, haiku." It is one of my absolutely, positively favorite blogs to read, and it is written by one of my absolutely, positively favorite people.
http://leapingsulfa.blogspot.com/
Sarah, thank you for the kind words. :) Love you!
ReplyDeleteI'm not an organ donor either. When I first got my license, I based that decision on a misunderstanding I had about my church's stance on it. Although I'm considering becoming a donor, I'll need to read up on it because I don't want to be embalmed and I think embalming is a requirement for organ donation.
If I weren't a pianist, then my pinky wouldn't cost "them" much to break. LOL For now we'll go with $15,000. :)
Thanks for answering the questions!
Love this! (And Sulfa!)
ReplyDeleteI am an organ donor. I can't imagine hanging on to any good organs after I'm gone when someone else might need them. If my death can save a life, then I'm all for it. My mom recently asked me about it and surprised me by telling me that she is not. She has what I think is a weird phobia of not getting appropriate care if she's a donor.
I don't wear any makeup. Pretty much ever. I might swipe on some lipstick and blush 2 or 3 times a year, but that's about it.
I broke my left pinky when I was in high school. It was totally something I can handle and I'd probably do it for about $1,000.
J, I think I have that same phobia as your Mom, but I know that becoming a donor is the "right" thing to do. I look at it like this: If it were my loved one who needed an organ transplant, I would be begging for a donor. How can I expect others to donate for me if I'm not doing the same in return. This is something I need to put on my "to do" list.
ReplyDelete