So, apparently I have not only a baby, but also a fibroid growing in my uterus right now. Can I just say, "OWWIE!"
I'd been having what I *thought* might be a lot of lower abdominal achiness, as well as some lower back, hip and leg pain that has been making it difficult to sit, stand, walk, lay down, or sleep. After 2 days, I gave in and called my doctor. She had me go in for an abdominal exam. During said exam, she commented that considering how far along I am, my uterus was bigger and higher up than she would expect. She told me that either she "missed a baby" when she did my first ultrasound OR I had a fibroid growing in there. I don't know which one I was hoping for, but I got Door #2.
The good news is that in utero fibroids are fairly common in pregnant women, and they don't often cause complications. If the fibroid grows to be too large, it could cause the baby to be in breech position or it could cause premature labor.
I have another appointment next Wednesday for an ultrasound to monitor the fibroid. The best case scenario would reveal that the fibroid is not growing.
Now, on to the really good stuff. Baby is perfectly happy and healthy and is growing right on target. His/her heartbeat is beating strong, and s/he even waved for the camera today. ::Swoon:: The doctor says that baby is perfectly comfortable in his/her apartment, but that it is the "neighbor upstairs" that is causing me grief.
I'd like to evict this unruly little boarder, but for now, all I can do is hope that it stays put and grows no more.
I will update next week, hopefully with a nice, clear ultrasound picture!
I am hoping for you that next week's appointment shows the fibroid is not growing. Keeping you in my T&P's but YAY for a healthy baby and a strong heartbeat! =)
ReplyDeleteYuck.. that sounds like no fun! T&Ps that you and baby continue to stay healthy and happy. :)
ReplyDelete