It was a beautiful day, and I had fun seeing some family and friends I haven't seen in quite some time!
I was thankful that there were no "cheesy" games, but we did play one cute 'educational' quiz game where we had to try to figure out what different baby animals were called, for example a baby kangaroo is a joey etc.. I got 7 out of about 20 correct. Apparently, I do NOT know my baby animals. (Does this mean that I am NOT smarter than a 5th grader? Hmmmm...)
There was a basket set up with "advice for the Mom-to-be" cards where family and friends wrote some really sweet advice such as, "Enjoy every stage. Each one is better than the one before it. Don't fret over what the experts think. You will adapt and know what you need to do!"
We also had a frame set up with Nora's 3D u/s in it with a "signature" matte where people could write messages to us and/or baby.

So far as gifts are concerned, we got our high chair, jumperoo, monitors, bathtub, baby's 1st year record book, 2 handmade blankets, several other blankets, outfits, hooded towels, wash cloths, crib pads/covers, Sophie the teether (score!), "cloth diapers" (the Gerber ones, so burp cloths), and some other small accessories like pacifiers, bath stuff etc..
We didn't get too many pictures, but here are a couple of me.
Brad and I are so thankful for our very generous family and friends!



How lovely!
ReplyDeleteThat top pic of you at the shower is so pretty! You are just glowing and looking beautiful!
ReplyDelete