Monday, December 27, 2010

Sweet Christmas gift from Brad

I inherited a beautiful cameo ring from my great-grandmother 11 years ago. It was a gift to her from me on my 1st Christmas, so growing up she always would tell me that one day it would be mine again.

This year, I *might* have not-so-subtly hinted to Brad a few times that I would like to have a Mother and Baby cameo. He came through, and I got this from him in a lovely cameo keepsake box on Christmas morning.


This time next year, Christmas is going to look very different for us, so while we had a small and quiet Christmas this year, it was perfect.

4 comments:

  1. I love your honesty about the "not-so-subtly" hinting. :-)

    Thinking about Christmas next year gives me goosebumps...I haven't felt that way about a holiday since Meadow & Luna were itty bitties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I showed him some examples online a few months ago, and then a couple of weeks ago, I sent him an email with 3 links to different versions of it. The one he got me is not one of the 3 I emailed him, but along the same lines. I'm glad he got the message.

    You know, I figure I really, really wanted it, and he's not a mind-reader, so I could either tell him what I wanted, or I could mope about it. Easy decison! lol

    ReplyDelete