I've been pondering for weeks what it is that I want to tell you. There is so much to say, yet I'm at a loss for words. (This is something you'll find very ironic later, I am sure.)
I've spent a lot of time recently not only imagining what it will be like to see you, touch you, smell you, kiss you, and snuggle you close for the first time, but also what it will be like for Daddy and me to experience a lifetime of "firsts" with you.
From your first bath to the first time you see the ocean.
From your first car ride home from the hospital just days after you're born to your first airplane ride to your second home in Nova Scotia.
Your first pumpkin patch and Halloween, your first football game, your first snowfall and Christmas.
Later, your first steps, your first words, your first day of school.
I know every moment is going to be extraordinary because I have no doubt that YOU are extraordinary.
I know that we'll also have to deal with not-so-happy firsts like your first cold and your first scraped knee, your first disappointments and hurt feelings, but for now I prefer to delight in the things that I can not wait to share with you: Your grampy's songs and our favorite books, your furry siblings, and so many people who are going to love you (almost) as much you your Daddy and I do.
I think of all the things that I hope to be able to do for you and give you. I pray that we can be the kind of parents that you deserve. I can not promise you a perfect life, but I can promise you unconditional love and a soft place to fall from your first breath to my last.
I can't wait to meet you!
Love,
Mommy xo
16 weeks, 3 days

17 weeks, 1 day
What a wonderful letter!
ReplyDeleteAnd a good looking mommy. Miss you, Sarah!
You did it! Good job. <3
ReplyDeleteRicola, you know where to find me!! Jo, thanks. :)
ReplyDeleteSo sweet!
ReplyDeleteLove it! :)
ReplyDeleteYou look fantastic Momma! And what a sweet post! =)
ReplyDeleteI love it! You're going to be a great mommy!
ReplyDelete